Scholastic Read for the World Record!
Join children from around the world as they
attempt to break last year's summer reading record of 35 million minutes!
Scholastic has partnered with the National Summer Learning Association to create
parent reading tips, book talks, book lists, summer reading research, and a
variety of other informational topics.
Parents and students can register at http://scholastic.com/bookfairs/record/
to record their reading minutes and grade levels! Have fun!
Summer Reading Programs - Catching the Reading Bug! Solano County Library
- Summer reading fun for children 12 and under. June 16 to August
16. Kids set goals for the number of books they read during the
summer. Every week they get a prize as they make progress toward their
Other local libraries:
Fairfield Cordelia Library
Fairfield Civic Center Library
John F. Kennedy Library
Rio Vista Library
Suisun City Library
Vacaville Public Library - Cultural Center
Vacaville Public Library - Town Square
Computer Games: Please remember to monitor your child's
internet use and make sure he or she is accessing appropriate websites at all
- For each answer you get right, FREE Rice donates 10 grains of rice through
the UN World Food Program to help end hunger.
- Subjects include: English (grammar and vocabulary, Geography, Math
(basic math, multiplication table)
Free Museum Days
- Asian Art Museum:
200 Larkin Street (between Fulton and McAllister) Civic Center, across from
City Hall , San Francisco
(415) 581-3500 1st Tuesday monthly is free.
Also discounted every Thursday evening: $5.00 after 5:00 pm
- Bay Area Discovery Museum:
East Fort Baker, 557 McReynolds Rd., Sausalito
(415) 339-3900 Free first Tuesday from 9 am to 4 pm
- Cartoon Art Museum:
655 Mission Street (between 2nd and 3rd), San Francisco
First Tuesday is "Pay What You Wish Day."
- Coyote Point Museum:
1651 Coyote Point Drive, San Mateo,
Free first Wednesday
- Exploratorium at the Palace of Fine Arts
3601 Lyon St., San Francisco (415) 561-0399
Free first Wednesday but groups of 10+ must have reservations
- Oakland Museum of California
1000 Oak St. Oakland (510) 238-2200
Free Second Sunday
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SF MOMA)
151 Third Street (between Mission and Howard,)
San Francisco (415) 357-4000
Free first Tuesday, also discounted every Thursday evening: Half price
admission from 6:00 - 9:00 pm.